Here's what's happening at
Revolution Youth Community.
Follow us on INSTAGRAM for more details!
A night of Live Music, Bible Study, Fun Conversations, Prayer and Friendship
-- for high school & college age students.
First Saturday of Each Month: November 3rd
and December 1st. And, MORE in 2019!!
8pm (doors at 7:30pm)
150 Cherry Street
(basement venue below New Moon Cafe)
We will accept donations & offerings to assist with upcoming events & other expenses.
They Are Us
Imagine an eclectic gathering of servant-hearted students. Yes, teenagers and young adults that have been radically transformed through grace and who now live to love God at all costs. They are passionately motivated to deny themselves and are recklessly abandoned to the cause of Christ. They hold tightly to God’s amazing word and jump at the opportunity to express, with words and actions, the outrageous claims of Christ. His story and His heart for their city thrills them. Prayer is an on-going conversation that leads them to opportunities missed by closed eyes and ritual. Unconditional love and acceptance of others is a hallmark of their mission. They strive to respect and honor those that have gone before them — parents, grandparents and others.
They are fearless visionaries without limits. They tackle any challenge with rolled-up sleeves and unwavering determination. They are groundbreakers; risk takers, hope dealers, grace-givers, and history-makers! They believe in miracles. And, they link arms with anyone who tells the story of Jesus. They empower the broken, strengthen the hurting, love the bullied, embrace the outcast, seek the lost and equip the found. They serve together, play together, worship together and live life together. Their city will change because God lives inside them and has created them for transformation.
They are us.
We believe that small things done with great love will change the world!
WE ARE NOT A CHURCH
Our existence will enhance the local church not replace it. Students, called & ready to serve, should become more visible & available to their churches. We desire to help churches learn how to put these young people into viable & functional roles.
“Don't let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity.” 1 Timothy 4:12
Through Christ, our young people are the hope of the church.
WE ARE A COMMUNITY
Perhaps this seems like semantics, but we want to be sure that we are not viewed as our own church. We want students to continue to love and serve their home church. And we want to be approachable to others “unchurched” who would not come to a church but may come to our community gathering in a venue.
“Yes, I try to find common ground with everyone, doing everything I can to save some.” 1 Corinthians 9:22
WE ARE RELIGIOUS ABOUT RELATIONSHIPS!
▪ Your destiny is our priority.
▪ We always have room for one (or ten) more.
▪ We’re spiritual, but not spooky.
▪ Improving our community is a priority.
▪ We always tell the truth.
▪ Jesus is always the main thing.
▪ We believe the Bible is true, cover-to-cover.
▪ We are changing ordinary into extraordinary!
WE LIVE PARADOXICAL LIVES!
▪ To be First is to be Last.
▪ To Give is to Receive.
▪ To be Weak is to be Strong.
▪ To Lead is to Follow.
▪ To give up your life is to live it.
▪ Values are valuable!
BELIEFS & VALUES
▪ We see everyone as important & valuable.
▪ We believe that life is better when enjoyed together!
▪ We love unconditionally.
▪ We choose joy.
▪ We’re never boring.
▪ We embrace change and pursue the impossible.
▪ We believe in the sanctity of life.
▪ We understand that maturity is not conformity.
▪ We love teamwork and are always seeking new ways to involve others.
▪ We pray because we like to, not because we have to.
▪ We view worship as a lifestyle, not a concert.
▪ We live on less so that we can give more.