I doubt it.
Do you ever wrestle with overwhelming doubt?
I know God's got a plan and that His timing is perfect, but I begin to wonder IF I'm the right person for His plan and IF I missed or ignored His promptings. In times like this, I bombard my brain with questions like:
- IF this is God's will, why do we still struggle raising funds?
- Why aren't more people excited about what God has called us to do?
- Will I end up like all the other failed church planters & visionaries who ran from Vermont for easier (more welcomed) destinations?
- Am I doing this all wrong?
- Who can I contact to help? Who is waiting for an opportunity to partner?
- Am I (personally) what's hindering our progress?
It often seems like people love what we're doing but only from a distance. If you push for more involvement, commitment or support; they disappear into the shadows. It's painful and frustrating. When you only hear from friends, churches and allies IF you email, text or call them first... it can be really discouraging... and, it breeds doubt. Ugh.
Face it people, we need more than Facebook friends or Instagram followers -- we long for genuine relationships right in the trenches where we do life -- where we fight our battles. We need people standing with us not pointing at us. Doubt says they don't exist (or at least not for you)...
Doubt is a punk! He's a hater, poser and crippler. He causes you to focus on your feelings and fears. He distracts you from spending time with Jesus and reading God's Word. Doubt causes you to withdraw, take fewer risks and entertain depression. I HATE DOUBT!
I refuse to let doubt rule & reign in my life. No Way!
As I prayed about all this (late last night), a few thoughts -- from God -- encouraged my heart:
- Right decisions are simply acts in obedience to the purposes of God. He will lead us right through doubt & on to destiny!
- When I doubt myself I feel disconnected from God. Because I know He has no doubts (even in me).
- Doubts are stepping stones across the river of defeat – certainty awaits on the other side… so, keep stepping... MOVE!
- “Do all things without grumbling or questioning” Philippians 2:14… these words were spoken by the Apostle Paul to single focused, doubt-filled, believers (like us).
- Selfishness & insecurity are constantly trying to replace faith with flesh. We want to feel everything NOW. Fight for faith!
- I'm NOT running away, making excuses or hiding in the shadows. I know what God asked me to do and where He asked me to do it. There are MORE ready to join me than I even realize! Yes!!
I'm learning to doubt my doubts!
Q: Where are YOU at with doubt?
stepping on & over my doubts,