Why do Christians fight with each other? Honestly, I really don't get it. We'll find fault with other churches, we'll gossip about other believers and we'll argue about the dumbest things! It SUCKS!
And, we'll work our social media hard in search of just one person (anyone) to agree with us, because then we feel justified... MUST be right... I can't stand it! And, honestly, I think God hates it!
Some of the things that have become big-ticket argument topics are:
- Theology. Calvinism vs. Arminianism or some version.
- Lifestyle. Too holy vs. Not holy enough.
- Worship. rock band vs. pipe organ ... intelligent lights vs. candles.
- Politics. abortion vs. social justice... or pick 2 topics! Plus, tons of hate for the president or whichever party you're against.
- Building. new church vs. old church vs. house church.
- Leadership. Pastors/Deacons/Elders vs. Directors/Team/Volunteers
And the sad part is that these arguments, and MANY more (I'm being vague & nice), do not produce any GOOD lasting results - like lives accepting Christ as Savior & Lord. Instead they produce splits, fights, hurt, apathy, mistrust and pain.
We're good at finding things to disagree about but fail in finding common ground. Christianity is not doctrine, theology, buildings and church services.
Christianity is Christ.
He died on the cross and rose from the dead. He is Lord. HE IS EVERYTHING.
Again I say, don’t get involved in foolish, ignorant arguments that only start fights. A servant of the Lord must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone, be able to teach, and be patient with difficult people. 2 Timothy 2:23-24
Revolution Youth Community is NOT about one church's viewpoint, style, tradition or preferences -- we're about reaching a lost generation with the incredible love of God and the freeing message of Jesus Christ. We're committed to discipleship, outreach and impact. And, we're actually DOING IT. We embrace any church who desires to partner and allow their teens the unique blessings of Kingdom first strength & accountability! We're #strongertogether! We refuse to get sucked into vain arguments or church-based distractions. We sense the urgency of the hour and reaching the next generation is our mission. JOIN US!
WE ARE COMMITTED TO THIS!
Saving my Fight for the REAL enemy,
- Why do we get sucked into discussions, debates & arguments?
- What do these distractions keep 'the church' from doing and/or becoming?
- What do you think 'the world' thinks when they see us behave like this?
- Do you have any unforgiveness or bitterness that's holding you back?
- Without writing a book, what's the solution?